The Erin’s Hope Foundation will award up to two $2,000 scholarships for fall and spring semesters for Oklahoma State University students who are members of Sigma Phi Lambda as part of the Erin Elizabeth Swezey Scholarships. Deadline for application is May 31, 2015.
Recipients for this scholarship will be chosen based on their work in church and missions, their personal testimony, service to others and their academic standing. The scholarship will be awarded half in fall semester and half in spring semester. Student must meet all qualifications for the scholarship to be continued.
Erin Swezey believed with her whole heart that faith in Jesus Christ was the only way to salvation and it was a Christian's responsibility to share their faith. One week before Erin went to be with the Lord she wrote this: "I want to share my Peace, my Creator, my Sustainer, my Protector, so that everyone may know the happiness that comes from a life lived under Christ.”
The successful applicant will exhibit these characteristics in their life. She will also be a student (classified as sophomore, junior or senior only) in good standing at Oklahoma State University and must be an active member in good standing of Sigma Phi Lambda at OSU.
Applicants are required to submit all required information for the application to be considered.
Each application must include:
- Completed application form (for applications contact a Phi Lamb officer)
- A letter of recommendation from a church ministry staff member
- A statement of the applicant's personal salvation testimony (please limit to one page typed)
- A description of any or all of the following (please limit to one page typed):
- Volunteer experience in church
- Mission trips/activities the applicant has been or is currently involved in
- Organizational activities the applicant has been or is currently involved in
A college transcript to date (must have GPA of 3.0 or higher)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If no qualified student applies, the funds will be held by the Foundation until the following semester.